Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for international visitors to Canada

Some international visitors to Canada may need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for visiting Canada.

A video on the government of Canada website explains what an eTA is and who it is for:

It’s called eTA—electronic travel authorization. You may need an eTA before you board your flight to Canada, even if you are just transiting through the country.

The Canadian government website explains who requires an eTA and how to apply:

Take note:

  • Canadian permanent residents do not need an eTA to fly to Canada, but they do need to travel with their Canadian permanent resident (PR) card or PR travel document. Otherwise, they may not be able to board their flight to Canada.
  • U.S. permanent residents need an eTA to fly to Canada (as well as their U.S. Green Card). They do not need an eTA if entering Canada by land or sea.
  • Students and temporary workers from eTA-required countries who received their student or work permit before August 1, 2015, and intend to travel from and return to Canada by air need an eTA.

For more information and to find out if you require an eTA, please visit the Government of Canada Website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/eta-facts-en.asp

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s